4.06.2009

A New Me - Week....um....oh Hell I don't know

I need to get back on the treadmill and the yoga ball and the weights. I have been so bad lately. I'm not sure how but I will find time to start exercising again. I have a feeling my eating habits (most of the time they are good but I can't fight my cravings. Okay, I can fight them but I usually don't try very hard) will not allow to stay at my happy weight. Take, for example, the dinner I had last night. My intention was to have a Bocca burger with some fruit. But, Joe called me at work and said my brother was coming over. I knew he wouldn't eat a Bocca so my mind started wandering, trying to decide what to feed him.

That is when it came to me like a message from heaven.....a ponza rotta. I know, I know, you are all thinking what in the hell is a ponza rotta. Because unless you have spent a good deal of time in Waukesha (and 99% of you have not) you have no idea what I am talking about. It is food from the gods. It is amazing. When you take a bite, grease actually drips down your hand all the way to your elbow! Think of it as a deep fried calzone only 300 times better. I can't even put into words how amazing these creations are. The restaurant is in a dirty nasty part of the city and hasn't been remodeled since 1970 and they only take cash. Despite this, they are busy all the time. Their parking lot is full and they always have piles of take outs waiting to be picked up. If they ever close their doors, I will cry.

So, I ate about 3,000 calories for dinner last night and I doubt my hips and ass are happy about it. For that reason, I need to start working out again. My will power is not strong enough to stay away from my favorites. Looks like it is time to get reacquainted with with the treadmill.

No comments: