2.20.2009

Stalker boyfriend type in training

Me: Hey Buddy! You get to eat lunch at school with your friends today!

Caden: I know! I'm going to sit by Lucy.

Me: Oh, that is nice. Are you going to ask her if she wants to sit by you when you get to school?

Caden: No.

Me: Then what are you going to do?

Caden: I'll wash my hands first then I'm going to stand by the wall and wait for her to wash her hands and sit down. Then, I am going to sit next to her and tell her she is my favorite friend.

Me: What if she sits between two people and you can't sit next to her? Maybe you should tell her you would like to sit by her.

Caden: Oh, she won't sit by someone else. I will make sure I have room by her. I will tell the other boys and girls she is my favorite friend and I am sitting next to her. Then I will have room.

Me: But wouldn't it just be easier to ask Lucy to save you a space?

Caden: No, mommy. I am just going to watch her and wait. That is how I do it.

Me: Okay, well, good luck with that.

After picking him up from school...............

Me: Did you get to sit by Lucy at lunch?

Caden: No.

Me: Why not? What happened?

Caden: The teachers put ours names on the table and we had to sit by our names. Lucy wasn't even at my table.

Me: I'm sorry buddy. Maybe you can sit with Lucy next time you have lunch at school.

Caden: Mommy, I just don't want to talk about it right now. Please don't ask me about Lucy anymore today.

Me: Okay little man. Mommy won't talk about Lucy anymore.

No comments: