2.06.2009

Little mister sensative

As I have whined about twice this week (now three times) I have an unexplained knee injury that is fine in the morning and gets worse as the day goes on. Actaully, everything I have posted this week is about this damned knee. God my life is boring! As I was saying, I didn't work out Tuesday or Wednesday because I wanted to take a break and let my knee heal a bit. I decided I wouldn't take Thursday off because I didn't want to get into bad habits. I suited up and got on the treadmill. But, by 0.6 miles I couldn't run through the pain anymore. I got off and did a couple rounds on the weights and went upstairs. It hurt so bad to walk up the stairs I barely made it so I went straight to our bedroom to lay down.

Well, Caden saw the pain I was in a got very concerned. He immediately offered to rub my back and read me books. He made me stay in bed while he got a stuffed toy for me to snuggle with, a book for me to read, and a shake and go racer for me to, um, play with? Anyway, he rubbed my back, got my pajama pants for me, and kept brushing my cheek and asking if I needed anything. How sweet is my little man!!!

8:30 rolled around and it was time for bed. He left the room and I got into bed too. I closed the door, turned out the light, and tried to sleep. Considering I was falling asleep at dinner I didn't think it would be too hard to do. After about 10 minutes I heard the pitter patter of little feet outside the bedroom door. Then I heard his little voice, "Daddy, how is Mommy feeling?" Seriously, how sweet his he! Of course, I like to think he was asking because he was really concerned and not because he realized his normal stalling tactics don't work anymore (I have a question, Payton is making a noise, when will you go to bed).

This morning, he came straight into my room and asked me how my knee was. Then he said if I needed him to help me brush my teeth or comb my hair to tell him because he would. Of course, his behavior is obviously a reflection of my nurturing and stellar parenting and amazing example his daddy set. What other explanation could there be?

1 comment:

Tiffi33 said...

OMG that is the cutest thing EVER.
I love it when my boys are sympathetic and helpful..
makes me feel good as a mom, and hopeful that they will be awesome husbands someday!

Also, load up on the motrin 800mgs..It amazes me how much that actually helps