10.24.2008

The inner workings of C's mind

Me (picking C up from daycare): Hi baby! How was your day?

C: Fine

(pause while I buckle C into the car)

Me: Did you have a good day at Bonnie's?

C: Nope. I didn't go to Bonnie's.

Me: Where did you go?

C: To work.

Me: Oh. And what did you do at work?

C: I set things on fire.

Me: Really? And you get paid to do that?

C: Yup, they pay me. I set my jacket on fire.

Me: Oh no, that was a new jacket. Did you burn it very badly?

C: No, just a little.

Me: Oh good. I am glad to hear that.

Then I thought about it for a minute and remembered our dinner conversation on Wednesday. Raoul set his jacket fire at work on Wednesday...on accident of course. So, now C thinks Daddy starts fires for a living. It is amazing how the 4 year old works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lol, too sweet! You have to love the way they think :) :)

x
Yvonne
(here from ICLW)

Tiffi33 said...

heh!
I love how little kids minds work!!