1.30.2009

Have I mentioned I totally kick ass!!!

We had our annual kick off yesterday. Everyone gets together and spends 8 hours listening to boring speeches and drinking bad coffee then we get rewarded with 3 hours of open bar in the evening! Yay open bar!!!! Yay Malibu and pineapple! Yay shiraz! Yeah FREE!!!! Anyway, half way through the meeting we had an awards/recognitions session. To my surprise, the project I worked on in August won project of the year! Yeah me! So, the weeks of working 7 days a week, into the wee hours of the morning, ignoring my kids, and slacking on my housework was worth it. I felt hyped up when I got home. Plus, my division (managed market services) got division of the year! We are rockin' and I felt completely secure when I left the meeting yesterday. We are hiring and buying up smaller companies (but we never ever get rid of the employees of the companies we buy). So, yeah, total job security which is nice to hear in this really tough time.

On a side note, I am totally head over heels in love with my OB/Gyn. He is awesome. As he was leaving the office to allow me to dress myself he said "Come see me again when your pregnant!" I have been seeing him for 8 years and will gladly pay out of pocket if he ever goes out of network. He is that wonderful. The scale at his office, on the other hand, sucks ass. Like sucks big dumb donkey dick and I want to throw it out the window but it is a giant scale for really large ladies and I don't think I could pick it up. And the nurse! Oh that bitch of a nurse! When she was weighing me she said "Wow, you don't like you weigh that much." What! How am I supposed to take that? I am just not sure. You don't look like you weigh that much. What is that much? It's not like the scale was tipping towards 250 or anything. My goodness, take a girl all the way down will ya. So yeah, love my OB (he looks like Anthony Edwards), hate his nurse.

And finally, Phantom (aka Chicken Shit) is sick. I am not sure what is wrong with him but the noxious odor permeating from his butt is enough to suck to oxygen out of a very large room. His stomach was being all funny and gurgly last night at around 10. Then he didn't really want a walk this morning and didn't eat his breakfast. He just laid in the living room all day with big sad eyes. And, of course, killing every living organism in the house with his rank arse. I fed him some ground beef and rice for dinner so I am hoping that helps settle what ever is going on in there because he sleeps in my room and, well, that is just gross.

1 comment:

Tiffi33 said...

Oh you are so awesome :) GREAT job!

and Dr's scales are universally crappy..lol..