12.29.2008

I was going to wait until after New Years.....

...but what the hell; I'm Back! It's been more than a month since I blogged and for those of you wondering what has happened I assure you I am fine. Things have been hectic in the d'Orchidee house and blogging took a back seat. Both of the Tweedles got the flu...twice. And Raoul is such a shit head about bodily excretions I was in charge of cleaning it all up. Yet, regardless of his complete avoidance of it, Raoul had the flu over Christmas. Not to mention the fact that we are so damn popular we had plans nearly everyday in December. Aaannnddd all of the knitting I have done this past month has taken what little free time I had. In an attempt to save money I made quite a few knit projects as Christmas gifts this year.

I was so tired by the end of things I slept until 11am on Christmas Eve. Not smart considering the in-laws were coming for dinner and are super judgemental. By 2pm I asked Raoul how clean he needed the house to be. His answer: "As long as there is no pee on the bathroom floor (Tweedle C needs to work on his aim. He is a little bit like an out of control fire hose right now) and the dog hair tumbleweeds are swept up from the kitchen floor things are clean enough." I do love that man.

I tried to keep up with my regular reads during my break but I was a terrible commenter. Unfortunately, I was wasn't able to read everything by everyone so I am sure I missed a lot. I will have a lot of catching up to to do over the next couple of weeks. It's a good thing I am off until the 5th of January!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and was able to spend some quality time with your families. Or, if you prefer, some quality time with yourself, White Christmas, and a bottle of shiraz. Believe me, I did that once or three times this year. I don't think I would have made it through if I hadn't.

No comments: