8.27.2008

Resources

I am having a hard time finding resources for women who want to donate their eggs. Isn't there anything out there? Am I not looking in the right places? I can't get clinics or agencies to call me back. I am following up on Friday with two local clinics. I have yet to hear from the agency. What do women who want to donate do? Where do they get their information? How do they get from the start to the finish. I knew the process was long and complicated and I might not get accepted into a program. What I didn't realize was I wouldn't even get to the starting point.

I read an article the other day that said egg donation is becoming a lucrative business. Women are selling their eggs to pay their bills in these hard economic times. I believe it was on CNN. Our local paper did a similar article. I got mad at that statement. A lucrative business? Never once did I think of this process as a business. A women's dreams are not a business. Why is it that women who are in for the money donate 4 or 5 times and me, who is doing this for philanthropic reasons, can't get anyone to return my phone calls? If I can find the article again I will link to it. I think it was from early August.

I'll keep tyring. I will follow up with the clinics on Friday (I took off that day) and see what they have to say. I will keep trying, as hard as it may be. Maybe my experience will give someone else the courage to do this and answer questions she may have along the way.

No comments: